Difference between Vedic & KP
Krishnamurti Paddhati(KP) is the advanced version of Vedic astrology having more accuracy and less rules.
There are following major differences as known:
- Distribution of Cusps is done as per Placidus System in KP and Vedic follows Sripat Paddhati.
- Start of the Cusp is taken as Start point in KP and it is taken as Mid point in Vedic.
- Aspects are taken degree wise and they are applicable as per orb of individual planet in KP. Vedic astrology follows cusp to cusp Aspects.
- Duration of Year of 365.25 days but vedic take it as 360 for easy calculations.
- Less rules but vedic have lots of rules and books to get accurate prediction.
- Logical and vedic has lost the accuracy of predictions because of missed data.
- Ayanansha plays a major role in accuracy KP has its own and single ayanansha but vedic has lots of ayanansha provided by so many astrologers. Each Ayanansha gives the different values to Planets and Cusps.
- Understandability One can learn KP in very few months but one can not learn full vedic astrology in his life.
- Accuracy Vedic can not pin point the time of frutification but KP can tell the exact time of frutification of the event.
- House of Father KP treat 9th Cusp as the House of Father and 10th Cusp for social status/carrier but Vedic take 10th Cusp for Father/social status/carrier.
- Basics KP follows the rules given by sage Parashar for Vimshottari Dasha/Moon. KP has divided each planet and cusp Sign (Dasha) into Bhukti, Bhukti into Antar and Antar into Pratyantar in the same ratio as done by sage Parashar in Vimshottari Dasha. It gives the more accuracy but vedic does not follows so.
- Navamansha Vedic follows Navamansha of Moon Sign only but KP follows navamansha of Nakshatra of each Planet and Cusp.
- Fortuna KP introduced a new fast moving point which can differentiate between two early births as twins, it is known as Fortuna.
- Mercury Combustion KP says that Mercury never Combust(अस्त) from Sun.